Perspectives on Conversion in the Alaska Native Culture
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me research this topic!
Please answer all questions from your own point of view as a leader in the church doing ministry within the Alaska Native culture.
How long have you been involved in ministry within the Alaska Native culture?
What ministry roles have you had?
- In one or two sentences, please state what you believe is necessary in order to convert to Christianity:
- In one or two sentences, please state your understanding of the possibility of converting away from Christianity?
- Would your definitions differ from those in your church?
- What do you believe is the role of the “sinner’s prayer” in conversion?
- What do you believe is the role of baptism in conversion?
- What is the role of a “testimony” in conversion?
- Can a person convert to Christianity and show no change in their life? Why or why not?
- What are some cultural barriers that Natives face in conversion?
- What are some cultural strengths that aid Natives in conversion?
- What do you think could increase the number of conversions?